To our brothers and sisters in the Anglican Diocese in New England:
A group of our clergy has been asked to participate in a leadership training conference sponsored by Sharing of Ministries Abroad (SOMA). During this conference, we will be blessed by the teachings and leadership of ArchBishop Ben Kwashi of Nigeria and Bishop Rennis Ponniah of Singapore, among others. The purposes of this gathering are to empower the ministries in our diocese and the ACNA, find freedom in the Spirit to lead and impliment our ministries, and find the courage in Christ to lead our communities in the face of difficulty.
We will be meeting at the Heartland Retreat Center in Overland Park, Kansas City, from July 28 to July 31. Clergy and intercessors from around the country will join us for this time, and we will also be meeting together daily as a diocesan team for prayer, reflection, and fellowship.
We ask you now for fervent prayer, so that the whole Church may be with us in the Spirit, accompanying us in prayer during this special time. Please pray for for the following needs:
- Safe travels and good health during the trip from July 28 – July 31
- Unity, charity, and joy within our diocesan team, along with the fostering of connections and bonds of friendship with those from other areas of our province
- Open hearts that are able and willing to hear from God through the Spirit, that we receive all the gifts that God desires to give our team and all those present
- The revitalization and transformation of our ministries
- Passion to lead our ministries courageously
- The ability to come back and share what we learned, and the ability of the whole diocese to benefit from what is shared
- For protection from the Enemy and all evil, by and through the shed blood of Jesus Christ
We thank you in advance for your prayers.
In His Name,
Mthr. Leah Turner
Fr. Evan Pillsbury
Fr. Nathan Baxter
Fr. John Wagner
Fr. Christian Huebner
Mthr. Piper Runnion-Bareford
Fr. Daniel Sylvia
Fr. Ben Giuffrida
Mthr. Cinnamon Creeden
As a diocese, we together praise God for this opportunity to receive from His hand all He has for us, and we join them in prayer as they seek His face for a Spirit-empowered life of ministry and spiritual renewal.