THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Director of Outreach and Family Ministries
The Anglican Church of the Redeemer is a growing parish established in 2007 in Franklin, MA with a second location in Norwood, MA. Our parish is multi-generational with a desire to grow together in Christ and to share the love of Christ in our local communities. We are a parish of the Anglican Diocese of New England and the Anglican Church of North America. As a grow- ing parish, we are seeking a qualified and energetic candidate to serve our parish full-time in the following ways.
The Director of Outreach and Family Ministries will provide organization and leadership as follows:
Outreach and Mission Ministry (30%)
- Gain a historical perspective of Redeemer’s Outreach and Mission events, partner- ships and involvement
- Coordinate, supervise and provide innovative leadership to the ministry of Outreach and Mission at Redeemer
- Develop a passionate culture/ethos of outreach and mission at Redeemer
- Evaluate, cultivate and maintain relationships with current missionaries and outreachpartners.
- Create a Mission and Outreach team(s).
- Explore potential Mission Trip(s)
Youth and Family Ministry (30%)
- Gain a historical perspective of Redeemer’s efforts at Youth and Family Ministry.
- Plan, implement and provide innovative leadership to Redeemer’s Youth and Familyministry.
- Develop a ministry to families that encourages an understanding and desire to live out the Good News of the Gospel.
- Create and implement a Confirmation class
- Oversee the VBS coordinator and ensure a quality Vacation Bible School
- Explore and implement ideas for Children’s ministry programs
- Create and oversee ministry teams as needed
Music Ministry (20%)
- Lead Redeemer in musical worship each week
- Plan with Rector appropriate hymns/songs for services
- Oversee team building and practices as needed
- Gain understanding of Redeemer audio visual system and train/recruit needed minis- try team
- Create slides for service using Proclaim and other media
Administrative and other duties (20%)
The Rector may assign other duties and tasks as needed in the general oversight and ad- ministration of the church. The Director of Outreach and Family Ministry is expected to maintain a healthy spiritual life of prayer, Bible reading, and accountability.
The Director of Outreach and Family Ministry is responsible for working in accordance with the ACNA Church Canons and Bylaws, under the supervision of the Rector.
The Director of Outreach and Family Ministry will report to and work with the Rector to accomplish setting goals in each of the appointed ministry areas and will assist the Rector in other areas as needed.
The above job description is full-time (salary negotiable) and does not include health/medical benefits at this time. Start date is approximately July 1 or as mutually agreeable.
The application deadline is May 7, 2017. Submit your resume, cover letter and a list of 2 references to email@example.com. Application materials can be addressed to The Rev. Dan Sylvia.
Download a PDF version here: Director of Outreach and Family Ministries job description