From October 22 to the 25th, the ADNE and the Anglican Church of the Redeemer, Franklin, will be hosting a three day mission event as an outreach to the community in the Franklin area. Bishop Bill and other diocesan staff will be working with and worshiping with the Redeemer community, and all are welcome to attend! The weekend is all about loving the community of Franklin and sharing the love of Jesus Christ in a tangible way through worship, service, and fellowship. In order for this weekend to be all it can be, we need as many volunteers and visitors as we can! The more Christians who direct their efforts at making this a fun and effective ministry, the more we will be able to accomplish. If unable to attend, please consider giving your time in prayer and by sharing this event with others who may be interested. Below is the list of scheduled events:
- Friday Night Worship Event, October 23@7pm – Redeemer Franklin: A night of worship and prayer centered around the Lord’s working in our respective communities (especially Franklin). Lead by Fr. Christian Heubner, pianist.
- Saturday Night Charity Arts Event, October 24@6pm – Art stroll (around Mill)/7pm – Charity Arts Event opens – Redeemer Franklin: Charity Fundraiser – tickets sold for $25, 120 seats available, all proceeds to charity. Photographer Matilde Simas, Harpist Piper Runnion-Bareford, Printmaker/Jewelry maker Suzanne Moseley and other perform, share stories, etc. Desserts, coffee, drinks will be served at this event. There will also be a silent auction for artwork and a pre-event art stroll around Moseley Mill. Redeemer families and other guests may purchase tickets as gifts for friends and neighbors, family. This is open to public. Tickets are sold online and in church office.
- Cost: $25, artwork to be auctioned, donations.
- Setup: 1pm Saturday the 24th
- Sunday morning Service, October 25 @10am – Redeemer Franklin: Service includes possible reception/Baptism/reaffirmations. Bishop Preaches and Anoints (along with Canons) Parishioners for ministry in the community. Post service luncheon provided at noon.
- Moseley Mill/Redeemer Block Party, October 25 @ 1pm – Moseley Mill and Redeemer Franklin: A community “block party” to raise visibility for Redeemer, to create a fun atmosphere of community and to raise donations for local charities. Activities include:
- Ice Cream truck (Ben and Jerrys – proceeds to charity)
- Patriots Game on Big Screen TV
- Ryan Loud and friends steel drum band
- Ed Ronan run Hockey games
- Moseley Mill Tenants charity drives
- Bounce houses
- Cotton Candy
- Lawn games with prizes
- Our neighboring businesses at Moseley Mill will be open and participating, each raising funds/doing charity drives for local charities
For more information or if you would like to help out, please contact the Church of the Redeemer office at email@example.com.