The following was sent on March 14 by our missionaries, Ryan and Jillian Johnson, on updates to their current situation in Kisoro, Uganda:
This will be a short newsletter just to let you all know where we are at and to let you know that it might be another couple of months before you hear from us at least in newsletter form. Please continue to write to us and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Currently, I am at a little over 36 weeks pregnant. We will be traveling to Kampala to hopefully deliver the baby. We are praying that the baby doesn’t come earlier than that or as we are driving. It is a long drive but we have one of the quickest drivers – Bishop’s driver. I am also trying to get some practical training in before we leave – I will be helping to lead the church service and then preaching when we get back if I am healing nicely. My due date is and my date of ordination into the Anglican Church here will be May 6th.
We are looking forward to a visit with some of Jillian’s family – her parents and her aunt coming for the ordination service and to meet our newest bundle of joy. We also have Bishop Bill Murdoch and Fr. Dan Sylvia coming to participate in the ordination service from the Anglican Diocese in New England. It is a busy time ahead but we are looking forward to all the new changes.
Please pray for us in this time of transition and that we can get everything prepared in time. Please see the sections below for more information about sending packages, items needed for the baby, prayer requests, and financial donations. We are so grateful for each one of you and every part you play in our lives whether through prayer, packages, emails, and financial gifts. We could not do any of our work without you. Blessings to each one of you and we will look forward to sharing pictures of our new family in our next newsletter.
Blessings to you all,
Ryan, Jillian, and Matthew
Prayer Requests & Praises:
- Pray that people will join us prayerfully and financially in this New Year since we have lost some supporters since coming.
- Pray that God will bring opportunities into our lives to talk about our ministry
- Praise that we have lots of opportunities to serve here, but also pray that we won’t take on too much too quickly
- Praise that our original language tutor can return to give us lessons after we get settled with the baby.
- Pray that we take more initiative to practice the language so that we can become fluent more quickly especially since we have been here over a year now.
- Praise for the new opportunity to minister to the girls’ school and the Cathedral church.
- Praise for a new baby. Pray for a healthy rest of the pregnancy and safe delivery.
- Pray for new opportunities in the New Year to serve others and to make lasting relationships.