The Anglican March for Life and Summit 2018 took place this month, January 18 and 19, in Washington DC and was hosted by the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic. The following list of resources for you to check out were provided by the diocese and distributed by Deacon Georgette Forney. For more information on Anglicans for Life, be sure to visit their website!
Recognizing that we packed a lot of information into a short span of time, here is a quick review of the presentations, including links to the videos online, which can be shared with others in your parish:
- The day opened with Rev. Clenard Childress speaking about the “Call of God’s People.”
- The next segment was shared by Mark DiGiacoma. He talked about“Strategic Planning for Ministry” and gave some practical steps to begin or continue life ministry.
- Wesley J. Smith was next, and he shared with us his outlook on “Human Exceptionalism.”
- Then, we heard from Cheryl Sullenger about the “Evils of Planned Parenthood.”
- After lunch, we broke up into workshops and covered the following topics:
- Joseph and the Many Colors of Grief, Rev. Rick Bergh
- The Pro-Life Generation: Life-Affirming Youth Ministry, Autumn Lindsey and Erik Whittington
- Mobilizing the Church for Adoption, Sharon Fox
- Shockwaves of Abortion, Kevin Burke
- Hospice and Hope, Rev. Scott Bailey
- We gathered back together to listen to Stephanie Gray, who spoke on the topic of her recent book “Love Unleashes Life: Abortion and the Art of Communicating Truth.”
- We ended the day with David Bereit, who encouraged and convicted us as the Church to “Get Busy!”
- The next morning we gathered for a Pre-March Prayer and Worship Service where Bishop John Guernsey blessed us with a message about the importance of our witness concerning the Sanctity of Life.